Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last day at SITA

Wow,

Today is my last day working at SITA till I get back. I remain employed with them and the support I have received from everyone there has far exceeded any of my wildest exceptions. So many of my co-workers expressed genuine concern for my safety and they held a wonderful gathering, including breakfast, yesterday in my honor. It was actually very humbling to think that so many people cared so passionately for me AND my family! I am also very thankful, grateful and blessed to work for such an outstanding organization. THANK YOU ALL!

I also had a very emotional goodbye dinner yestersday evening with my son and his family including his precious wife Shelley and 3 of my grandchildren - Payton, Kylie and Marley. It was very hard to say goodbye to all of them, but I'm grateful for every second I have ever spent with them.

Tomorrow and Friday I'll be working @ Dobbins. Not sure what Saturday looks like and I'll leave for Ft. Lewis on a commercial flight out of ATL @ 0935 hrs on Sunday. Of course I'd like to watch the Super Bowl - wish me luck! :-)

Then on Monday, the rest of our team follows (from Dobbins and Westover, MA) and we will have all 56 of us together for the first time. We are currently scheduled to stay in Ft. Lewis, WA till 25 FEB. At this time, I cannot say for certain if we will return to ATL or start our rotation to BAF after completeing Combat Skills Training.

THANKS TO ALL who commented on the last post! I never expected as much! So many of you also replied to the email and those well wishes and prayers are all much appreciated. All the support I have recieved from so many people is overwhelming and it just touches my heart everytime I think about it. I can't thank you enough.

Mark.

4 comments:

  1. Mark please know David and I think about you guys all the time and now you will especially be in our thoughts and prayers. I love your attitude stay happy. :) Love to you and Pam too, David and Wendy Lemire

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to know that SITA is so supportive. What a great company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chief....
    I haven't written a post yet, as I have been thinking of you, and have so much I could say, but I will just make this short & sweet, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers since Jeff & Heidi told me your plans. I think of you as a wonderful Father, a GREAT AMERICAN, and a friend. You have so much passion for the USA and your team and mission. Thank God for you and people like you who are proud and honored to serve our great country! I will continue to pray for you daily, and your name is on our prayer list at First Baptist Church in Conyers, so know that all are praying for you, your safety, and your mission. Much love & prayers, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, Words can not decribe what you and you family mean to us. I truly can't remember what is was like before we met you. From wedding to birth to death we have shared each of these emotions. It is an honor to feel such America Pride for someone the way we feel about you. May God take care of you and those around you. Untill you return to us, know that we will do anything to take care of your family for you.
    We love you Mark !!!!!!!
    David and Janice

    ReplyDelete