Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Lord's Day!

Well I didn't sleep so great last night and and I woke up a little grumpy - which is very uncommon, but I was treated to a nice Skype Video with all my grandchildren and both my kids - and Jeff, and of course my wife Pam - and my good friend David! What a nice treat first thing in the morning! It was wonderful to see all of them and they all looked great! Good stuff! After all that, I forgot all about my crappy sleep night and had a great day!

Now it's catching up with me and I think I'll try and lay down a little early tonight - wind is blowing somethin fierce - but it *IS* Rib night and I'm fat and sassy - so hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

Had a pretty good day! Went to church this morning, worked thru lunch (I always do on Rib Days) and had a GREAT dinner! They were cooked perfectly (as usual) and everything was great! I'm going to have to keep up the tradition when I get home - Pam doesn't know it yet, but I think Sunday is going to be RIB night on a regular basis!!! Just that we'll have to find a comparable place in ATL somewhere cause we sure as ____ aren't coming back here - I don't care HOW good they are - (they really are pretty good!)

Typical day, oh - I know what you will find interesting. The Internet now is actually FASTER in my hooch than it is in my office!!! How's THAT for a surprise! Seriously! It's horrible and barely usable! In fact, I'd call it limited because pages just will not load. It's a combination of bandwidth (or lack of) and DNS timeouts. That makes for some crappy Internet - let me tell you.

Also got to Skype with my parents on FRIDAY - I love Friday's - still. We talked for a good long time and it was nice seeing them smile. They like having their granddaughter there in MQT - my brother and his wife went up for a visit.

We've actually started planning for the rotation! (that's REALLY good news)! I won't get into details, but it's slowly starting! Things will fall into place in no time and I'll be back in GA before you know it. BTW - you know I'll end this blog eventually and I plan to print it to PDF for the record. Don't worry though, I'll post my cell information when I get back and it will be just like old times and you can actually CALL me once in a while! :-)

Looking forward to it - don't want ya'll to get TOO excited. I'll tell you the same thing I'm telling my guys. We came here to do a job and we are going to do it - and do it well - right up to the end. The Wing Motto when we got here was Start Right, Finish Strong - and we plan to stick to that - after all, it's important and I think the people here realize what they are doing *IS* important - and making a huge difference. That's one of the things we bring up at every commanders call for the group - we make sure we tell them that not only are they all doing a good job, but that it's making a difference for the people on BAF now and the many that will come thru here in the future.

Mark.

6 comments:

  1. I know a couple good rib places around here to take you to. Have to sample them all just to be certain which is best. :-D

    brgds - db

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this blog, as you say they are working on rotation plans..this is something we have been waiting to hear from you..We are glad that plans have been started..TAKE CARE

    Love, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, You know how much I love my summer months...But if ever time could fly this is the year that I wish it would. Rotation plans sound great. We all can't wait to have you home. ( and by the way I here there are acouple of good rib place right on the Tennesse river.....Steve's Landing and The Brown's House )....I know that you and your men will do your best right until the day you leave...and just know that if you make BAF safe enough to help even one person you have done something wonderful...just one person to us .....is everything to someone else...
    We all miss you and can't wait untill you get home...One rib dinner with all the fixin's is here waiting on you !!!!!
    love janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant wait for you to get home!! Buffalo's has RIBS now! they are delicious!!! No need to go back there for ribs....i PROMISE You can have them right here in good ole' Georgia!!! miss you! Maddie is getting so big and i cant wait for you to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is good news Chief - the fish are begining to feel uneasy :o)-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it's time for me to start figuring out how to have RIBS at Life Lessons, huh? Can't wait until you are back but I am sooo loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete