Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fishing in Afghanistan

I couldn't take it any longer. I was walking around today and it just looked like the perfect spot. So I set up my pole, tied on a rock, and went FISHING!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.schubert/BAF9

Well - I didn't catch anything. Of course, what the heck did I expect to catch using a ROCK for bait! :-) But I thought you all might enjoy the pictures anyway.

I'm doing OK - I was supposed to get my truck back today - but that didn't happen - much like many other things around here. One day you think things are going to go a certain way, and it seems too often something completely different happens. That's OK though! It's all in God's plan. Like I've said before, I'm not here to figure OUT God's plan, just execute it.

Rib night again tonight - just got back in my hooch and I think I'll enjoy some homemade cookies that Heidi sent - Umm, Umm GOOD!

Hope you all are well!

Mark.

5 comments:

  1. You need to take fishing lessons from your wife!!! Oh wait that looks like the size weight she would use to catfish on the river..
    jb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it would take time for you to find a fishing hole. One thing to remember when using rock for bait, CAST HARD. Is that one of them Afgani fishing poles? The ones that I have seen usually have rocket proppelled grenades at the top and a trigger baitcaster at the bottom. By the way does that rock lure require you to use braided line so you can feel the strike better? The pictures are great, still smiling, keep fishing brother, keep up the great work and fish more.
    Be cool - David

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I thought great.. you got out fishing, but work blocked the pics. So, now I see the real deal. I guess you need some more fishing re-training when you get back! :-D

    lol
    db

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics of the F-15's, bro! I got a kick out of the shark teeth on the nose of the planes! LOL! That is SO cool! Hang in there, and hope you have a great week!
    Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Father's Day again! Hope you got the e-card I sent ya!
    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete