Thursday, June 11, 2009

Picture This!



MAIL CALL!
First of all - the Baxter's really came up with a great box to send! Homemade cookies, and some other stuff.. Did I mention homemade cookies???

Included with the jerky, lemon drops, Twizzlers, etc... (all stuff I really like) - was a set of Bose® in-ear Headphones which pair up very nicely with my new ITouch!!!

I thought the headphones that it came with the ITouch were pretty nice - until I put in the Bose®! As Aiden would say - "OH YEAH!" And did I menetion the homeade cookies?

Soldier Angels came through in a BIG (literally) way! I couldn't be more impressed or surprised that one organization would give so much! I've likely received more than 30 personal cards and letters. I answer all of them (initially). That's not including countless cards and letters for the Airmen, 14 (at least) packages and today was the kicker... 56 Sand and Cool scarves received along with a HUGE box of coffee and enough toiletry supplies for the ENTIRE TEAM! Not to mention a host of other items... magazines, huge box of beef sticks, 4 cases of popcorn and a WHOLE LOT MORE! We are all now fat and sassy. What a blessing to have contacted these people. And it took only 1 (count'em) simple request.

The sand and cool scarves arrived in perfect time. Today was a little warmer - but I know it's only going to get hotter and windier. Plus we had Commanders call and it was a perfect time to issue them out. Everyone really appreciates the very nice and thoughtful gifts!

THANK YOU SA!

Projects are good - very good actually, HVAC has been putting in a lot of extra hours on a critical project, the dirt boys are very dirty... meaning they are spending a lot of time and energy on one of the priority projects we have and several others... the electricians are now in high demand and spread out all over BAF working on a host of different projects and the Utilities guys are just plain working - here, there, everywhere - out and about - and on all kinds of stuff - Utilities or not! Not forgetting the Engineering Team - surveying just about every square inch of Bagram it seems. Every time I go somewhere - I see one of the EA's. The structures guys haven't slept since they've been here. If I told you all the things they have done - that would be the only reasonable conclusion.

Things are great and I am very proud of this team. Everyone (not just the guys out in the field) is doing a great job. The admin folks are awesome. We recruited a few guys from the field to provide "expertise" in some specially required fields/areas and they really stepped up. People are working in and out of their specialties - but nobody is complaining - at least not to me. This has been a very rewarding tour so far. I just hope and pray the 2nd half of the ball game is just as good as the first and we will all be fine!

A great week - maybe the best week yet! They keep getting better!

A HUGE thanks you to ALL of you reading because I know in my heart you are praying and supporting me and the team and for that - I am truly grateful!

Mark

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like your box and your father's day present. How did you like Jeff's card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    I hope that you are doing great. I think about you often and read your blogs almost everyday. i usually read them at work and it wont let me comment on them when i am work.
    Today a military man was brought back to the United States.Unfortunately he was killed in the line of duty. He was from Henry County. The streets from Peachtree City all the way to Hwy 42 were lined with PROUD Americans. I am so thanksful for have men like you who are serving this country. ALL of you guys are HERO'S! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME THE FREEDOM THAT I HAVE! i miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brother mine! It sounds like things are going very well there on the other side of the pond! I'm sure that you are cracking the proverbial whip though with your crew - to keep things going! NO SLACKERS UNDER YOUR COMMAND! LOL! By the way? How do you have mountains and deserts in the same place? That confuses me. Oh well, what else is knew? LOL!
    We're so proud of your achievements over there, Mark, and try to stay cool, huh?
    Love, Your Sis-tor

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice ear buds. db

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to go on the record here so that EVERYBODY can read this! I DO SUPPORT my brother, Mark, in all that he does, and appreciate all he does to serve our country! He's been a GREAT father to me niece and nephew, and GREAT grandpa to my Great-Nieces and Great-Nephews! He's strong, intelligent, capable, loyal, and hard-working! I AM PROUD OF HIM!

    ReplyDelete