Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PRT Trip pics posted

As promised, but a little late (like everything else around here) are more pics from my PRT trip courtesy of the boys from the team. There are a couple good ones too (I think).

Also - I posted a couple of fresh project pictures in BAF10.

The guy in the contracting office finally got to me. I was a little ticked off today as I still don't have any of the three vehicles we ordered back in MAY - and the order made it to contracting (final stop) the first week in June. Still no trucks!

Nothing in the mail today - but it sure was nice to get the 56 boxes (count'em) from Eastside Community Church in Wichita KS! (I didn't know there were nice people there either! :-) All the boxes had GOOD stuff in them too!!! Useful stuff! All the guys/gals that opened them were happy and had big smiles. VERY nice of them to do that! All for Independence Day too. They wrote a nice note in each of the boxes of thanks and gratitude for our service. Nice touch!

The wind picked up significantly today for the first time in a about 2-3 weeks. It's been breezy, but today was straight WINDY. Lots of blowing dirt to eat. The shower will sure feel good tonight, but we are still limited to 3 min! That will be a real treat when I get home... Taking a LONG 5 min shower. (see, I told you my perspective on things has changed). How many of you women think 5 min is a long shower??? Try 3 min - goes for the gals too. Now granted there is nobody checking the clock and many do not abide by this rule, but most do because they respect the rule first, and 2nd, there is a water shortage on BAF - all the water is trucked in daily. Also, there is limited HOT water for so many folks - so those that abide are helping those who take advantage (and don't care) and shower as long as they like. Drives me crazy, but what can you do with these kids? Just remind them once in a while... I do.

Not much else to say today... I'm fine. Really. I'm still in the same routine. Walk to/from work and most places around BAF when time permits. I only drive to the far out places when I need too.

Hope you enjoy the pics - I'll post some from the party coming up - that should be a LOT of fun. We are holding a Cornhole tournament. Lots of interest in the game - 24 folks already signed up! should be a good time. Structures guys put together the board sets for us and the EA (engineering assistants/surveyors) team is going to set up the official courts!!! :-) It's fun to be an engineer!!!

Mark.

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th., Big Bro! Hope you guys have a fun celebration over there, and that you all know how much you're appreciated! Thanks for all you do to serve our country, and for your efforts to help others around the world! I know it can be a thankless job sometimes where you are, but someday hopefully they'll understand why you're there and be grateful! Take care, Mark, love you and miss you lots!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys/gals do amazing things - those pics show what Americans can do - under any condition -impressive - have fun with the Cornhole games - always praying for you - your family - and your troops - God bless and happy July 4th. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey uncle Mark. Just wanted to say that we all miss u. We hope everything is going well. Keep in mind that all of us from Grand Rapids, MI really appreciate everything that ur doing for us. Stay safe and god bless.
    Joe Davis

    ReplyDelete