Sunday, May 24, 2009

2 in 1!

I wanted to tell you I had a special treat yesterday! My son Skyped with me and I got to see three of my grandchildren! Friday was their last day of school so I hope to get more chances now to see them since they will be home more! I also saw my brother in FL - he and I talked for quite a while and I could tell you what HE is up to - but I can't cause that's a surprise too! :-)

Skyped with Mom and Dad on Friday - as usual - and that was also very nice. I love to be able to stay in touch and the Memorial Day thought that comes to mind is how in the world did those people who GAVE us our freedom do this! The mental challenge here is tough - I cannot imagine what they had to be thinking!

Mark.

3 comments:

  1. I keep in touch with Heidi a little more often, and signed up for her blog on Aiden, so I know HE is doing GREAT! WHAT A BIG BOY! Mom says you were the same way when you were little Mark! LOL! Ate all the time like you were starving, banging on everything in sight, and picking fights with Al! I think Aiden's looking more like YOU now! Hope that Payton, Kylie, and Marley are all doing well & healthy? From Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and yours this memorial day - some ribs don't sound like a bad idea. Sounds like Afghanies are trying to be part of the soulution. Had the honor to meet a retired WWII coastgaurd warrior 87 yrs young Gut Landers from Canton- flag proudly attached to his coat - he had great stories of protecting our country - always with pride in every word - watching the service at the tomb of the unknown - still be brings goosebumbs.
    Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark..On this Memorial Day Holiday, it is great to hear all the speeches filled with praise for our military..All of you are so very deserving of all this praise..I just wish that this could be heard more often than just at this time..Thank you and all the fine men and women who are protecting our nation ..Mark, we are very proud of you..TAKE CARE..Dad/Mom

    ReplyDelete