Sunday, May 17, 2009

Post 54

Welcome to post 54! Yes, that's right! This is my 54th post - have you made 54 comments? Well, I can tell you that I read every single comment and I appreciate those who are concerned about me, read this blog, and pray for me and the Airmen who are with me. Thanks for that!

I have posted some more pictures (none of me) here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.schubert/BAF5

The pictures include work on our current priority project, Blackwater. Also, there are some pictures taken from directly outside my office window of the rose garden with the roses now in full bloom - it really is very pleasant to look at! And finally a few shots of our new Wing CC, Col Kwast at a surprise dinner for his recognition as a Brigadier General select. If you thought making Chief was tough (less than 1%), less than 1/4 of 1% make General Officer! So this is an event you don't see everyday! I was very proud and honored to be there.

It's the Lord's day today and I went to church as was able to relax and pray for a little over an hour. They have a new singer on the praise team, but they still sound awful! That's is only MY opinion and I'm sure God smiles at all of us when we sing to him regardless of how it sounds to me. The word was delivered by the senior pastor who's last Sunday in BAF was today. She is a wonderful lady from the Army who has been here for almost 15 months. I'll miss her and I look forward to meeting the new senior pastor next week. He was introduced this week, but it was very crowded and I had someplace else to be right after service was finished. He seems like a great guy.

An Army guy moved into our hooch and occupied our little "common" area - so my hooch got a little more crowded with a fridge, microwave, and a few other things - I'm not sure if I told you already. He's a nice guy and he doesn't snore - so that's good!

All in all, a fairly good week.

Hope you all are well!

Mark.

4 comments:

  1. dangit!!! They fixed the websense server last week and now block the picasaweb link under the "Personal Network Storage and Backup" category.

    db

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, Thanks for the pics. Love the rose garden. How is transportation. Did you get any new wheels yet? Hope you're having pleasant dreams right now. 6:30 P.M. right now here.

    Love you, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I have been off my computer for over a week. I have had some shoulder problems, they call it "frozen shoulder", and have been going to PT> After catching up on your blog, and seeing the pictures, etc. I realize my shoulder is very very minor. This puts a lot of things in perspective. I am praying for you now, your safety and all of your airmen. Thank you for what you are doing for me, your family, and for the USA. The roses are beautiful. Isn't God's beautiful nature wonderful to see, even in a war torn country, it is a reminder that he is there! God bless you, take care and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A rose garden in Afghanistan?! Hmm......that's interesting!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete