Monday, May 11, 2009

Bad Stories?

I guess the last story wasn't as big of a hit as I thought it was going to be - but if y'all liked that one, I'm hoping you will LOVE this one:

I got another package the other day! It was an Apple iTouch!!! I was shocked because it's something I would have never purchased for myself - ever. So anyway - I was all excited to use it and the CC called me in his office and said there was a very important mission I would have to do right away and it couldn't wait. Grab my gear and meet the Army guys at Checkpoint Alpha. OK- so I grabbed my new iTouch and thought maybe I'd get a chance to use it.

As luck would have it and is the military way, we got our orders and it was pretty much hurry up and wait - it would be a couple hours before our Helo (helicopter - can't tell you what kind) was ready. Lucky for me, one of the Army guys had a computer and offered to set up my iTouch! I thought that would be a good idea since I had NO IDEA what to even do with the thing! He said, "Don't worry, Chief, I'll set it up with all the same stuff I got on mine - all kinds of music, music videos, games, email apps... I got it ALL!"

So - being the naive guy I am - I said, "Sure - go ahead!" So - we were in holding for about 2.5 hours and they called and said 15 min to show time - they guy said - Perfect, 10 left to go! So they called us to load and the Army guy gave me back my iTouch and told me not only was it loaded, it was fully charged! I thought - WOW! Perfect...

So - we all got on and up and away we went. Can't tell ya where were goin either. They stuck me in the back of the Helo where it was dark and I told them that was unacceptable cause I wanted to SEE! They gave me the chair right by the out door and I had a beautiful view of the mountains! It really is spectacular to see! The iTouch was real easy to use and I thought I'd listen to some music of our 30 min ride. I found some heavy metal music and started rockin OUT Baby!!! I had my head down rockin and bobbin when all of a sudden this Army guy (a big guy too) comes across the floor and tackles me off of my seat into the back of the helo! Well - I was a little pissed cause I noticed a small scratch on my new iTouch (very small) and I thought to my self, I'm gonna get up and teach these Army guys a little manners on how to treat an AF Chief! I started to get up and I saw stars -so I quickly sat back down for a second.. Then, all of a sudden, three other guys grabbed some heavy weapons and started shooting and we made a hard bank left! That's when the Army guy on the other side with the 50 cal opened fire! All this happened in just a few seconds and I was perfectly fine now. So I stood up and gave the Army guys my war face and one of them looked pretty scared for a second and pointed to the top of his head. We cleared the area and were flying smooth at this time - but I was still a little angry with these guys. I put my hand on my helmet and there was a piece missing! Apparently I either took a bullet or piece of something to the top of my K Pot (Kevlar Helmet) and that's why the Army guy got me out of the line of fire! I thought it was just because he didn't like ROCK music!!! Or it was too loud for him or something....

Anyway - we had a good laugh over it afterward and the guys were really pretty kool after I took off my headphones and got to know them a little bit...

So now I know why I never bought on of these dang iTouch things! They'll get you KILLED!!!

As the last story was all true, this one is all a fabricated - every last bit except the fact that my brother and mother DID send me an Apple 8GB 2nd Generation iTouch! Wow!!! Thanks for that.

I'm telling this story to make a point. You guys should start a contest and see who can send me the thing that generates the craziest story!!! It's a WIN/WIN! (I can't loose) - You guys send me all kinds of new toys, and I get to write more stories for you to read and enjoy!!!! :-)

(I'm just kidding).

But Al/Mom, thanks for the gift! It certainly wasn't necessary, but I think I'll like it... particularly when I visit the latrines!

BTW - I'm fine - had a good day!

Mark.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    Nice story.. reads like a stephen coonts thriller! :-)

    brgds / Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! You are crazy! But I had a good laugh, (after I freaked out for a min). I'll be thinking of something to send for a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look for a long skinny package for your next story, you guessed right, its a fishing pole with aftermarket RPG mounts, just kidding, good job on the coin, give Kim and I a heads up on what to put in a box for you and your troops, you may have a third career in the making as a writer, you never know.
    David and Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me going for a minute and I read it to David and his eyes got big till I got to the part about it being B.S. Geez I enjoyed the adrenalin rush!!! :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you lost your mind!!!!! Just for that the next box you get from me will be FISH HOOKS..Very large fish hooks !!
    I may forgive you for that "story" after my heart rate gets back to normal.....janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should have heard the Oh-my-gods when I read YOUR STORY out LOUD to the group. I knew you were kidding when you didn't kick the Army dude's behind. RUSTY FISH HOOKS would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great story I was freakn out a bit myself (Jeff writing here) Asking questions while I was reading, like "why the heck would he be jamming out to music at the door of helo in a freakn war zone?" Anyway, so I guess all the good music and apps were part of the story too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You tell a good story Uncle Mark. But I knew you weren't dumb enough to do that stuff. God bless.

    ReplyDelete