Sunday, May 24, 2009

What I like

I really like Sunday's because it's the Lord's Day! But also because it's RIB NIGHT! Ribs at the DFAC again tonight and they SURE were delicious! I skip lunch on Sunday's so I can get a little extra work in (since I take time out for church) and I load up on Ribs. They really are very good ribs - cooked all by local Afghans and the sauce and salads they have to go with it are perfect.




UM, UM GOOD!


The rest of my day was pretty good. We have a team in the Memorial Day volleyball tournament headed up by TSgt Lajoie. They are pretty good and going to the finals. They ALMOST lost tonight, but were saved by a NET call on what would have been the winning point for the other team! So instead of 15/10, they reversed the score to 14 11 and continued to play the final game of the set - and TF (Task Force) Killer Bees (don't ask me where the team name came from) came back and WON THE GAME! It was pretty exciting and I'll be posting some action shots to picasaweb shortly.
I miss my wife! (Duh!) - She's out of town and away from the video camera so I don't get to Skype with her this weekend :-(. Busy week coming up for projects. Should be very interesting the next couple days!
Had a wonderful Chapel NeXt service today. A word from the Senior Pastor who is leaving and wanted to deliver the message. He's a Pentecostal guy and his delivery was fire and brimstone all the way! But the content was good - talked about things from 1 John - it's a book that is a litmus test to read if you "think" you've been saved.

http://net.bible.org/verse.php?search=1%20john%202:9&book=1%20john&chapter=2&verse=9
1 John 2:9 "If anyone says, "I am living in the light," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness."
Good thing the Taliban and al-Qaeda are not Christians! :-)
Mark.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! LMHO (laughing my head off)! That's SO funny what you said, bro, about the Taliban! (Giggling)
    Seriously though, no matter WHAT religion they are they are STILL children of God, and they're still spiritually tied to us as brothers & sisters. Whether we like it or not. I had a much bigger "beef" with Saddam, but when it comes down to it he ALSO was a child of God and I can't say for sure he's burning in Hell because I don't know that. Jesus is SO powerful and we on earth DON'T know who HE "saves" when bad people die. So I guess you and I are SUPPOSE TO pray for the Taliban too. I'm trying to swallow that one too - without choking! Anyway, about the ribs? Are you SURE they are in fact RIBS? And not CAMEL or TURTLE RIBS? LOL! Just KIDDING! Love you! From your sis!

    ReplyDelete