Monday, February 16, 2009

1 more week!

Time is flying by. We finished the Convoy Live Fire exercise yesterday and today many people have some time to catch up on some personal stuff - like laundry, cleaning, etc... Some of us have training this afternoon - including me. Others will be off today. The CC and I met with the senior Army leadership for an AAR (after action review) yesterday evening and they we very surprised with the way our group performed for the exercise. Everyone was motivated and took the training seriously and this is the important piece that many just don't get.

The group before us didn't finish their exercise until 2300 hours on the last day, and we finished by 2000 - three hours earlier AND we have 40 pax (people) that had another training class from 1800-2000. We still managed to get all the HMMWV and weapons cleaned and turned in.

Oh, that reminds me - I posted some pics and video on my photo site
http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.schubert/CST

Keep checking this photo site for more pictures of CST. I'll post a different album once I reach Bagram.

Mark.

3 comments:

  1. loved the pics & videos. its really cool to see the guys "in action". glad its going by fast for you- you must be having fun! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mark...I bet you could get a deer with one of those guns!!!!!..David and I watched the video over and over ( I think he is jealous And wantsto shoot one like that he thinks it would be fun)..Good to here your laugh in the video. and glad you will get home for a few days.. Joseph and Eric took the boat out this weekend and caught a mess of fish we had them for dinner on Sunday. Thought about you. I was in SC this past weekend with mom. They have you departure date in their church bulletin. We miss you and are proud of you. david and janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for you latest pics. Guess the drills are quite aggressive. Also looks like hard work.
    We are leaving tonight for Fl. Stay in touch. We miss you a lot but hope to talk to you a little more when you get back to GA.
    Love Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete