Saturday, February 14, 2009

CLFX

Today we had a Combat Live Fire Exercise!!! I took some video with my cell phone and I'm going to see if I can post in a few days. We have one more day of this training and tomorrow will be a long day. Once again, I think the training we are getting from the Army is very well thought out and planned. I've met with some of the top people here @ Ft. Lewis and all of them are very concerned with making sure they present an accurate picture for us and we are all well prepared to go to our respective places.

It's Valentines Day today and to be honest, I had no idea until my daughter told me. I fell bad because I usually do something special for my one and only Valentine and the day went by with just a couple phone calls.

All the guys had a hard day and we decided to celebrate with a PIZZA party! It should be here in a few minutes - pizza for everyone in the Chief''s barracks! :-)

Everything else is going along fine - it's hard to believe that we are now more than half way thru our CST training. I'm looking forward to a short stay back home and a few nights to sleeping in my nice KING bed!!! The bed I get to sleep on here is WAY too short! :-)

Miss you all!

Mark.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Roger & I hope all is well with everybody. We enjoyed getting to see everybody a few weeks ago. Tell everyone "Hello" from us and stay safe, everybody is in our thoughts & prayers.
    Roger & Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MArk, It was good to hear from you. I am sure you are forgiven for missing an importat day. Glad to hear that you are coming home for a few days to enjoy your own bed. They ought to make bigger beds for you guys since most of you must be tall. That is the service. Have a great day and stay healthy.
    Love Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the write-ups. It's good to hear what you're going through and how you are doin. I'm getting along better each day and looking forward to gettin the other one done and over with. When you get back I'll give you a run for your money again. Love you brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all is well, thank you for keeping us up to date.

    ReplyDelete