Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow Day!


Look at THIS! It's looks like CHRISTMAS out there! It's not all that cold, but it sure is real snow! The temp is close to 36 degrees and much of the snow melted on the ground - but we are getting so much of it, it's starting to stick a little. Sure is pretty out there!


Had a map reading class this morning and we are finished for the day. More paper work to do and we are going to the woods tomorrow to practice what we learned today. Sounds like a lot of fun!


I'm feeling better with each passing day now - almost back to normal! Just a couple more days I and hope this bug will leave me for good. I've been sleeping well since they fixed the heat in our barracks - those are the buildings you see in the background - yes, they ARE old - they date back to WWII!!! One of the guys staying with us said his Grandfather actually stayed in one of these very buildings and had carved his name in the walls - he's still looking for his Grandfathers signature location and hasn't found it yet.


All is well.


Mark.

8 comments:

  1. Snow looks great! Maybe you could find a sled and take it for a spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark, I almost hate to tell you that it was 72 degrees in Atlanta today. No snow here! Steven and I send our best wishes and hope that you are fully healthy by the time you read this. I also hope Pam is doing well and is managing just fine, all things considered. We send our prayers and good wishes to you both.

    Janet and Steven Shields

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the picture! The snow is very pretty, but the warm temps here have been nice. I've been taking Aiden outside. He is still a little cautious about the uneven ground, but he likes looking around. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chief!

    Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. Glad to hear that there have been some good times already. The snow looks, well, cold. Good luck with that. Wanda and I are praying for you and Pam continually, as is my small group. I miss you and look forward to communicating with you over the next several months. Be safe mi amigo!

    Blessings to you and your men!

    Doug & Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newsflash SNOW @#$%&, really, Looks good but it is a bitch to work in, you being from the great white north can adapt. Map reading....save any info that addresses "Directional Challenged Individuals" like me. Glad to hear your feeling better.

    Wrong way Warren

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK snow looks nice but you can keep it !!!!!! I'll keep my 70"s . David and I went down and sat by the fire with your tenants the other night they are very nice.
    I know you are only in Wash. and I didn't talk to you every day when in Stockbridge but I find myself checking the blog every day just to see what you have to say.
    Take care of yourself and your men. We all love you here and will talk soon. Oh Nana Emily already has the church ladies fixing you a box to send. I told her she might want to let you get out of the US first. When you get there if you have any guys that may need an extra pick me up just let us know and we will get a box to them. love ya janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mark, just a note to say hello and that I have put our dinner date on hold. From what I have been reading you are enjoying yourself. Lillian and I have been praying for you and your family. Lillian is walking prety good now. When you get back maybe you, Pam, Lillian and myself will play a round of golf. Take care Milton

    ReplyDelete