Saturday, February 7, 2009

A day at the range


WOW. Talk about a FULL day of training! We spent the whole day (and I mean the whole day) on the M16 range - the Army training was very good and the folks that were there to help us went above and beyond to make sure as many people as possible were qualified! I can't say much more about the training, but I will say this... Tracer rounds fired at night are AWESOME! Especially LOTS of them! :-)

More training every day - all the troops have a really positive attitude and that makes a HUGE difference for me. They brought us a hot meal out in the field for dinner and believe it or not, I think even my Mother in Law would have appreciated the quality!!! Excellent! And right on time and schedule!

I've been a little under the weather the past few days - I think I'm on the upswing today and coming back! I'm not out of it yet, but I can tell you I feel a whole lot better today than I did yesterday.

We've also had pretty good luck with the weather - although it was foggy and straight nasty all day, it never rained and thank God for that! Things could have been much worse.

More cool stuff coming up.

Miss you all.

Mark.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your up-date. Hope you feel better each day. We miss you a lot. You are in our prayers. Love, Mom/Dad
    Mark..your comment on tracers brought back memories of Korean War (52-53)..watched them many, many nights for many hours as "hell broke loose" up on the MLR(main line of resistance")and hanging flares over (No Man"s Land)Love-Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - need to remember not to mess with Mark when he gets back cause now he knows how to shoot even better!!

    I've enjoyed reading the blog - hope you can keep it up.

    Mike T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You the Man.....Feel better, stay dry, keep up the great work
    David & Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark - so sorry you have been under the weather but glad you may be getting better. WE MISS YOU so much - we'll be thinking of you tomorrow during Life Lessons!

    ReplyDelete