Thursday, February 12, 2009

4 Day Exercise

We start a four day exercise today. Convoy Live Fire! Should a lot of fun! I'm a truck commander! All vehicles will be up armor Hum-V's (M1151/HMMWV). We will have lots of vehicles assigned and this will be really good training. ALL of the training we are receiving is TOP-NOTCH and very valuable. All the Army guys/gals here are fantastic - very motivated and passionate about what they are doing!

Yesterday we had LAND Navigation training - old school stuff with compass and map. I think I walked more than 5 miles thru the woods and to tell you the truth, I'm done with walking for a few days!!! That was pretty intense and my feet were killing me at the end of the day! I have two nice blisters to show for it! :-(

All in all, the weather has been pretty good - all the snow is melted now - yesterday was a beautiful day - highs in the mid 40's. Nice day for a walk in the woods - that was the only good thing!

Looks more and more like we are coming back to ATL - as much as I hate to say that because things change so fast, anything is still possible. I sure HOPE we get to come back. Time will tell as we get closer to graduation on 23/24 FEB.

Mark.

3 comments:

  1. Mark,

    The BC Spartans and the Denver crew are thinking about you daily. Your blog is on our website front and center and it is making these boys appreciate what they have and how fortunate they are that they have the "freedom" to play a game like baseball. Thank you to you and every other soldier.

    Be safe, love ya. Scotty B
    www.bcspartansbaseball.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, It was great to hear your voice. You sound happy with what you are doing. I sure hope and pray that you will have a chance to get home before you cross the pond to see your family. We are very proud of you but miss you a lot. Thanks again for calling
    Love you, Mom?Dad

    ReplyDelete