Sunday, March 15, 2009

First "off" Day

It was Sunday today - was because it's almost over... Yes, I did remember it was the Lord's day although I did not make it to church. I worked most of the day and came back to my hooch for a little clean up that needed to be done - the dust is terrible and must be dealt with daily just to avoid having a filthy place! So a weekly cleaning is also required - which is how I spent most of my afternoon. Then we had a 1930 Newcomers Briefing and met the 755th AEG Commander - a very nice (genuine) guy. We also met his staff (1st Sgt and CSS (Commander Support Staff) people - but not the Chief! Apparently he was stuck in Qatar - the R&R place... Hummm.... That's funny.... :-)

As we finish our first week (and it wasn't even a full week) we look to move into our projects hard and heavy tomorrow. There is a LOT of work to be done and we have just the team of people to execute it. There will surely be challenges along the way and we will met and exceed all of them - I'm sure.

They majority of the guys/gals all had a relaxing day and they really needed it. The structures guys we in high demand for renovations to many of the interior hooches. Most of that was accomplished and we celebrated with a few Bitburger (non-alcoholic) beers (readily available at the PX). Chief's Treat! :-) Of course, I had a few myself...

I'm going to try and call my kids tonight before I hit the bed. I did manage a good Skype call with Pam the other day and it was WONDERFUL to see her face and we sure had a nice talk. The audio and video was pretty good then. Yesterday, I tried to Skype with Heidi and Jeff and we had a few issues, but I did get to see both of them and gave them a virtual tour of my hooch! - Not too exciting!

Hopefully I'll get to speak with Shelly and the kids - that's my first call tonight.

Hope you all reading this are well and I'm doing fine - feeling a LOT better than yesterday!!! I'm back in the up swing and ready to get to work tomorrow. I do need a good night sleep tonight and I think everything will be gone in the next couple of days. Maybe the BEER was the cure!!!

Love Mark.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update. Always nice to hear from you bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Posting for Dad: He felt bad for you hitting your head and he wanted to know if you'll get the Purple Heart hor that. HAHA They will be here this week so I'll show them how to post. They send their Love.
    Mom and Dad B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go double check the comments from your head...Explain that one to your guys...
    j

    ReplyDelete