Friday, March 6, 2009

Norfolk

Hello!

I made it to Norfolk. One step closer. Leaving was VERY hard this time - as you can imagine. There are some GREAT photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.schubert/ChiefLeavesForAfghanistan309

It was a very emotional goodbye, but all I can say now is I so look forward to the return! In between, it will be mission focused and I couldn't be prouder to be with the men and women from the 94th CES.

My next post will probably not be until I am situated in Bagram. It will likely be a few days and they will be long hard days, but I promise to post as soon as possible.

Enjoy the pics - the media from WSB was there - may of you may have seen the coverage on Channel 2.

Thanks to all for all your support - it means the world to me.

Mark.

7 comments:

  1. Mark, who do I invite this year on March 7th to Shane's to receive lunch discount??? :-(
    Happy B-day! / Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday man, wishing you the best, stay safe.
    -anoosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! The pic's were great. We miss you already. The weather here is great today and David has fishing fever. We will keep the freezer stocked for when you get back.
    Take care and be safe post when you can.
    Love j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, be cool and stay focused. Kim and I will be thinking of you and your family. A C130 to Norfolk? That can be a bumpy ride, hopefully they got you a better ride across the pond. Happy Birthday!!!!! Posted some pics to Picassa, if you get a chance.
    Kim and David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark, You must flying over the big pond by now. We think of you all the time. Al is coming along fine. He needs to work on patience. Y
    You are always with us in thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mark, I didn't realize I was missing your birthday! Hope it was happy! Hope you are staying safe. I saw the pictures when you left... I got a little teary. Big hugs to you and Pam -- we are thinking and praying for you both every day. God bless you and keep you all safe.
    ~Janet and Steven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mark, The pics shook me into reality that you are really gone. How much we wish we could have been there. Al is making great progress.

    Take care Mark. We think of you often and pray that you and your troop are well. Will see you in Sept. God Bless, Love Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete