Friday, March 13, 2009

I bumped my head! :-)

So I whapped my melon on a door frame today. Hurt like hell...
Not to mention it was inside and of course I didn't have my hat or helmet on. The facility we work out of has 5-5.5 foot doorways - yes, some of them are just that high. Some are 6 ft - but that's the limit. I can walk through the front door without ducking, but inside the building, everywhere else I go I have to bend over - more than a duck!!!

Anyway - this time I came up a little early - oh yeah, they are also 1-2 ft in width!!! (made of concrete!!!)

So that's how I ended my day - Also walked with the Col to review a job site and take some mental notes. I have a lot more of that to do tomorrow.

I'm sick - again... chest cold this time. Today I actually felt kinda crappy - days leading up to this we OK - just coughing a lot and lots of nasty stuff to spit out (I know - thanks for sharing).

You have to realize how easy it is to think of things I can't write about... Your stuck with the stuff I can... :-)

My hooch is a 7X10 ft plywood box. I do have a door and there is a desk here for my cpu and a bed - that's pretty much it. I can tell you I REALLY miss my own bed now!!! The latrines are just a short 30 yrd walk and upstairs are the showers in the same building. That's not so bad - there is a LOT of walking to be done - the DFAC (Dining Facility) is close by and so is a PX (Post Exchange) of getting some small things. The laundry is drop off/pick up. That facility is a good jaunt to the other side of the camp - probably more like a 1/4 mile. It's a 1.5 mile walk to work - but you don't have to walk. There is a shuttle bus that runs up and down the main drag every 15 min - so it's easy to get from one side of the base to the other or anywhere in between.

I have my own vehicle (for the most part - I let the CC and OPS Officer drive it if they ask nicely) I'll find out now if they are reading this....

Working with everyone has been good - the guys/gals that we replaced did the best they could and tried hard to make the transition easy for everyone.
I'm tired - going to bed. I started this and fell asleep! :-)
Gnite all!!!
Mark.

9 comments:

  1. ouch! I bet it hurt, but it did make me laugh a little. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your head and cold. We miss you . Wll continue to pray for you. Love Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You big LUG watch where you are going :) Sorry to hear you have a cold - vicks alwalys worked for me. looking for next post - be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark - sorry you are sick AGAIN - I bet it is all that dust, huh? Also it sounds like you need to be wearing that helmut 24/7 indoors and out - we don't want your brain to get hurt!!
    Miss you - it was so great to have lunch with you during your Atlanta break. Be careful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get you bandanna out for the dust, not much else you can do except talk with your mouth closed (4 years in west texas taught me how). Ouch on the head shot, paint on the door frame "DUCK" it will help you laugh it off when it happens next time. All is well here. Little David has been offered a job in Chicago area and is leaving end of the month. Kim and I will be in Atlanta hopefully next week to see him off. Keep the dust out and hope to read more soon.
    Kim and David

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, that's not a bad idea from David and Kim. You SHOULD cover your mouth and nose ESPECIALLY if you are sick in order to heal better but try to cough without it infront of your mouth. Just the health care professional talking. Thanks for the great advice David and Kim. Nice to know others are looking out for my bro as well. Love you Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Sorry, Mark, but I WAS laughing about your head butt on the door frame! Now you know what I go through - constantly knocking my head on things - that's the reason I call myself tenderhead. That's the best way to learn to duck though - lol! I do hope you're okay, and it obviously didn't effect your sense of humor. Stay strong, take care of yourself, and love you a bunch! God speed!
    From your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Mark ...David and I say at least it wasn't a fish hook !!!!! We will save that untill you get back.
    love ya
    d&j

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those doors where made to make me feel tall.

    ReplyDelete