Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Day in MAR

Whoo HOO!

One month gone - 5 full ones to go. Then it's all down hill from there.

Skype is a good thing - it's wonderful to see my family. I've gotten to talk with almost everyone! Yes - even my parents!!! My Dad is home alone (yeah - like the movie) and he and I had a 20 min conversation the other night. Before that, I talked with my Mom and brother in FL - and I speak to my wife everyday (just about). Technology is great. I often think about the guys like my Dad in the Korean war - they didn't have Skype!!! I kept wondering what he thought about sitting in his living room talking with his son 10,000 miles on the other side of the planet. I guess I should have asked him - but we had a lot of other things to talk about...

And I got my FIRST PKG today!!! I TOLD you mail was a big morale booster!!! :-)

My wife sent me some goodies and necessary stuff - it's ALL good! Thank you Honey!

Many of the guys have received pks and it really makes their day. I have a box of Girl Scout Cookies that came from a little girl who was thoughtful enough to add her mailing address to the box - so I'm going to email her and tell her that the cookies she sent found their way to a happy tummy inside of an Air Force guy. Hope she's not too disappointed - she intended them for a solider! :-) Since we are attached to the Army - we get a lot of Army morale items too - it's very nice.

Work is going well - I got some more pictures I have to sift thru - I'll probably post some of them tonight (the ones I can). I'm not in any of them.

One guy (Cpt Jaw) ordered a BIKE!!! Yeah - $350 bike. Single speed. Touring bike. Hope that works out for ya... The roads here are TERRIBLE and you can forget going OFF road on a touring bike - that's just asking for trouble. It's hard enough to WALK - much less ride a bike. But, who am I to say? I will say, good luck!

That's all for now - time to Skype!

Mark.

5 comments:

  1. I suppose that would be some intense mtn biking!
    db

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you need, or what would you like in a "Care Package"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for girl scout cookies! let's skype soon! love you dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mark, love following your blog!! I have a friend that needs an address to send care packages to. She is a girl scout leader.... please send me your address! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I see from the new look of your blog that you have been in contact with Heidi....Don't the 2 of you know that it does not take much to confusse me....especilly when it comes to computers...
    miss ya
    janice

    ReplyDelete