Friday, March 20, 2009

Somebody pick me up!

Holly Molly!!
Yes - I thought I had died!!!
I'm walkin down the street and I see this guy on a John Deer tractor!!! People were scurrying out of the way and I said to myself - "No way - this CAN'T be David!!!"
Well, the guy got a little closer and sure enough - I thought I was going to crap my pants.

It sure LOOKED like David - after all, he WAS on a John Deer TRACTOR!!! Pulling a load no less... Had a mustache!!! But that's what gave it away - it WASN'T GRAY!!! HAHAHAHA!

But of course, I had to take the guy's picture because I knew nobody would believe me if I told them we are fighting the war with guys on John Deer tractors... My guess is now that David knows this secret, he'll be at the recruiting office first thing tomorrow morning!!!

The first full week is almost over. Lots of fun and exciting things going on.

More to come...

I'm fine - been feeling pretty good. Food here is great and the weather has not been to bad to date - looks like they have SNOW in the forecast - that should make it very interesting around here....

Mark.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mark, It really does look like him. Did this guy get on a riding lawn mower to get from the John Deere to his hooch? Did the John Deere have a cooler of beer attached? Could it be a long lost Brown relative? In any case if it was Brown, no matter what, we will not salute or call David Brown, SIR. Maybe tractor boy, Deere Slayer, Big green driver, or some other inappropriate name but never sir. I found this video of the same David Brown look a like doing some fishing nearby, the narrator sounds a lot like you Mark. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/116628/fishing_in_afghanistan/

    Stay cool
    David & Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! I knew David and Mark were close but not that close. Then to see Warrens fishin in afganistan video..put a whole new meaning to " hillbilly hell"..
    David says that could have been him but he had to be in Dayton to cathch the rest of the catfish (see the video ).. After all we know who Mark is married to and her reputation on the river (*%&*#)
    Mark you made us laugh tonight ..It was a good feeling !!!
    we all love you
    David & Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark It is so good to be able to read about you. I wasn't sure how safe you would be over there but now that i know you have John Deere Tractors and David to protect you all is good!!!! HAHAHAHAHA I had an awful week this week and your posting made everything much better. I miss you very much and can't wait till you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Mark, Well it's morning here. Great to talk to you yesterday. Have a good nite. Love you, Mom /Dad

    ReplyDelete