Thursday, April 2, 2009

What day is it?

Let's see -it's THR - night. Just got finished playing in the cribbage tournament and we WON the first two rounds! Me and Amn Bergeron. We actually made it to the semi finals (we got a bye for the first round and won in the 2nd). It's double elimination - so we've got a pretty good chance! Nothin to win except bragging rights. It's fun though. Something to do.

I'm off tomorrow which is a good thing for my Mom & Dad. I plan to sleep in till at least 0630 (my normal time is 0450). It's 2215 right now and the showers are closed! I just got back in my hooch and I take a shower before bed. I could wait till morning - but ... well, let's just leave it at that. I'm going to take a shower tonight. They open back up in 20 min.

It's raining again - It never rains very hard - just spits rain for a long period of time. You can even stand out in in for a good part of the day and not get really wet. It did get a little cool last night - but today it rained in the morning, then was decent for most of the day (high was 60) then rain again tonight.

They had a BAF's got talent show last night that I wanted to try and see - but I didn't make it for various reasons. The cribbage tournament was a welcome break.

I know I'm jumping around a bit -

Still miss everyone and my "normal" life - but there is still a lot of work to be done here and we aren't finished yet. Lots of stuff happening everyday - you just can't imagine.

I suppose a lot of you were expecting an April Fools Joke - well - those of you that know me well know I like a good practical joke on April Fools Day - I've set my children up numerous times over the years - a couple of them they didn't think were very funny - but of course I thought they were ALL funny! :-)

Sorry to disappoint you... no jokes this year. (kids say YEAH!)

Mark - out.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, the time will begin to fly as another day rolls into the next, keeping count is a double edged sword but one that is sometimes needed. Rained here in Savannah today also roughly 3 to almost 4 inches in the last couple of days. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice. Need to get out and cut the weeds. Stay dry and keep up the hard work.
    David and Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, now I know why you are where you are: President Obama said today in Germany, quote "Obviously we already have one TEST CASE and that is in Afghanistan." unquote; hope you don't have to open too many PR's ... Happy testing / Claudia

    ReplyDelete