Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Toby's n Town!

Toby Keith played in concert for all of us at BAF last night! He also did a personal appearance on the flight line and a short commercial for the Screaming Eagles - 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) out of Fort Campbell, KY. I was in the commercial - the only AF guy! I should be easy to spot , (left side of the screen) but wanted to show our support! :-)

Anyway - Toby showed up in a SUV, was met by a couple people, walked over, did the commercial (twice) and left - I think that whole thing took less than 5 min. No option for autographs, etc... Only select individuals. If you look at the pics of people lining up on the conex boxes, you 'll see they have guitars and all kinds of things they expected Toby to sign. Didn't happen.

The concert was to start at 2000 and it actually started a few minutes late. He played for a little more than 1 hour and the band took 1 break, and Toby stayed on stage with his guitar player and they did a couple songs - so he was out there for an just over an hour... Great music - sounded great and he performed very well. Customized songs, etc... All who went said it was nothing less than spectacular.

One admin note - the Toby Album is taking up a lot of space in my picasaweb album. I'll leave it up till I need more room, so if you want to see the video's and pics in that album, check it out now because that will be the first one to go when I need more space.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.schubert

I also got a package from my Mom & Dad yesterday - included was some more Jerky - I have a whole drawer full of that now... :-), some banana bread (very good) cocktail peanuts (a good snack with my near beer) - and a couple tin cans... Now, what is interesting is these tin cans are sealed. Tight. Very tight... so tight that me and the entire team of 56 have been trying to get into one can since yesterday. We've tried everything, including our friends at EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) who shot it with a water cannon and the dang thing didn't budge. I keep telling my friends, "I think she put bread sticks in there! and they really are very good - and I'll even share ONE with you if you can get it open!". So - they are really motivated! Hopefully tomorrow we will have success. We are calling on our friends in the flying squadron and have put the containers out on the aerial gunnery range... Wish us luck!

Mark.

1 comment:

  1. Mark, Glad you got the package. Hope you mastered to open the coffee cans. Enjoy.
    Love, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete