Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What makes a good day?

I told you before - mail call... :-)

Today I received a box - a rather large box that was rather heavy - and rather beat up - as many of the packages that arrive are beat up regardless of how big and/or heavy. So what was inside the box you may ask?!

A lot of stuff. So much stuff I had to wait till I got back in my hooch to "unpack" it!! I'm not going to give the complete contents because my Internet sucks - I'd have to type so fast and so long, it would probably never post the message! :-)

So let's start with Jerky - Uh, yeah - LOTS of that - and every flavor you can imagine! Chips - uh, well I can't say nothing was broken in the package - because there were like 3 chips that we NOT broken. The good news is everything else in the box was undamaged. So - I've got broken chips with dip - lots of dip too (this is good because there is no such thing around here). Texas Pete made it - he is plentiful around here. Then I came to some cigars (lots of those - Swisher, my favorite) and nuts - oh yeah, lots-o-nuts. Big bags/little bags. And some sweets - a LOT of different kinds of sweets. I put every single one into a bag and I'm bring them back to the FET (the building we work out of) for those younger guys to fight over. Honey buns, nutter-butter sumtin or nuder, Little Debbie things, I think I saw some Skittles in there - heck, I didn't even recognize some of the stuff they have now! :-) It all looks - uh - sweet.. Yeah - good things to share. I know - some of you are telling me I NEED to be a little sweeter!!! I hear ya!

Also stuffed in the box was a magazine - nice touch... made me miss hunting with David back home even more... and a very nice USAF Tumbler - not broken - good thing to have - if only I had something GOOD to go in it!!! Cold, frosty, BEER! That would be good! I searched the box and found none... I hoped, and dreamed, and I'm stuck with my Bit-Burger 0% near beer - that's OK though - it's the thought - I'm good with that.

So there you have it - a whole blog entry over just one box. Yes - it was a good day. Thank you BOX FAIRY!!!

The box came from our friends in TN - David & Janice. I'm guessing more Janice than David. I can see David now - stuffing beer after beer in the box and Janice pulling them out as fast as they were going in. Thank David - nice try buddy! :-) For what it's worth, honestly people - I don't need the headache. Do not try to send anything illegal - that would just be a bad day. Look how happy I am and I got just a box of 'stuff" - good stuff, and a lot of stuff... Thanks again Brown's! I love you all.

Mark.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got the box..Sorry about the chips. Make chip and dip soup !!! Just to let you know we finally found the right swishers..That box will be in the mail tomorrow. And even David was good and did not try to slip a beer in the box ( good thing it wasn't Papa and the baby basket haha )I thing he is saving them up for when you get back..Glad we could make you smile with mail day. We love you David and Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, he's sending us all the beer for Aiden! ha ha!
    Crumbled chips?!?!?! Ut Oh! I told you what's coming. Hmmm . . . I wonder if there is a better way to pack them?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm absolutely rolling on the floor with laughter right now! VERY funny blog, Mark! Even Skittles? I didn't know you liked Skittles! Nice to know what some of your "vices" are for future reference.
    Luv, Kris

    ReplyDelete