Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mail Call

Great mail day! I got 2 very nice letters and a package! The letters came from two families in the US who had no better reason to write than to say THANK YOU! (isn't that nice!-) They found us on AnySoldier and took the time to write personal letters. Also came two packages from a first and 3rd grade class! The kids all made "cards" and they were all VERY cute! I wrote back to all three of these senders today and personally thanked them for their kindness and thoughtfulness!

Had a VERY busy day - I can't say more than that right now. And the pictures are - well -just OK.

It was a good day - as they all are. And I'll share a little bit about what I write in my letters to the supporters who send support mail - "While working for the Lord here in this place, I am constantly reminded how blessed I really am." And this is very true. I smile here a lot because I think about how happy I am to be here supporting our mission. And that mission to put it simply is our wing motto - "Fighting terror, Building peace". As civil engineers, we primarily focus on the "Building peace" part. And our team is truly doing an outstanding job of this!

I'm very proud of all of them - and that makes me happy.

Mark.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best - things here at work are moving along but not as fun with you not here. AE is in more meetings than one can shake a stick at. We are all missing you - you guys are the BEST ! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete