Saturday, April 25, 2009

What's good about 0330?

Who ever said "Nothing good happens after midnight (or 2 in the morning)" probably never got up at 0330 in the morning and stood out at the end of the flight line and was blessed with a beautiful sunrise! Pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.schubert/BAF4

Incidentally, they were all taken from the relatively same spot - notice the 360 degree view of the mountains! (bonus videos of some aircraft flying in and out of BAF) A lot of people have asked me "What's it like at Bagram?" and I tell them all the same thing - "It sure is pretty to look at!"

Now you may be wondering what I was doing there - well, I volunteered to help with the Country Music Marathon - a 26.6 mile race/run around BAF - and since BAF is not that big, those who chose to run the full marathon had to go around twice! :-) - I was out there till about 1100 and I was exhausted watching all those poor soles running their hearts out - more power to ya! I'm too old for that ... well, you know what. But at least I can support them and cheer them on. We had LOTS of goodies to pass out - that was my job. It was fun. And - since I volunteered, I had a good reason NOT to run! :-)

Then I went to work for the afternoon.

Needless to say, even though I went to sleep a little early last night, I'm a little tired tonight and it's almost 2030 - passed David's bedtime already anyway! I'm planning to call my wife (since I didn't get a chance yet today) and hit the bed.

Finished 1 bag of the homemade cookies Heidi sent - they are going fast! :-)

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment