Sunday, April 19, 2009

Church Day!

It's Sunday and it feels good to start yet another week.
Time seems to be going by fast - although I understand there are many days left here. Things are going along fine and I'm doing very well. I received several letters today from supporters through anysoldier.com - that was very nice and I answered them all. There were 4 different letters from a church in Cumming GA - ironic that I received them on Sunday! :-) It's a very good feeling to know there are so many people out there who take the time to recognize our service men and women!
Weather finally cleared for the weekend. Weekends are a little slow anyway because there are many people going to church on Sunday - now that it's a work day! I like it though... And Saturdays - well we have what is called "Professional Development Time" where we allow the Airmen 4 hours for anything that is considered "professional development" - you'd be surprised what they can make up! :-) This is a little hard to track - and honestly, I don't think we are tracking it that well - so many are using the 4 hours to "study". Well - it's any body's guess studying what! The good news is there are a few Airmen using it for the right reasons and they will benefit with either a skill level upgrade or finishing up an important PME (Professional Military Education) class - which are mandatory for promotions.
We have some good, high visibility projects coming up. There is no shortage of work around here - Oh, I know what I can tell you. Another one of our Airmen is getting "coined" tomorrow from our Group Commander for putting together a Wing Recognition Board! It took him only 3 days - "start to finish" and he did a great job. I'll post the pictures - and those of you who are reading this will know what the pictures represent! I'll be sure to take a few photos of the Col presenting the coin.
So - we are making a name for ourselves here - lots of good people with lots of good work.
Church was great again today... the singing is growing on me.... it's awful, but in a way, it's nice. They sure do try hard.
Mark.

1 comment:

  1. OH Mark.. Have you heard yourself sing...You may have to grow on everyone else...Every time I hear you talk about the coin I think of Cody and how his mom told us he is so proud of the coin he got from you and shows it to everyone.
    David is reading over my shoulder and making fun of my typing..HAHA I am so amused.....You need to be on the look out for a "monster" box..should be there around Wed. I know some of the items are wrong and some of them you will not even care about getting...But We got a little crazy and you know the sign of a great Chief is his ability to share.....We miss you and love you..David and Janice

    ReplyDelete