Thursday, April 16, 2009

More time off?

Uh - no. Not for me. I have to be up @ 0415 tomorrow! Then I'll probably work some - then do the usual weekly hooch cleaning. Last FRI I cleaned my office - well, most of it. It looks good and it really needed it. I have a few more things to clean there too - so I'll do that.
All the projects are moving along fine and the CC is happy for the most part. A few bugs here and there, but we put the fires out pretty quickly and it seems to be working. The guys/gals are all still really motivated and working hard despite the crappy (rainy) weather we had. Today was the first day in a long while we didn't have rain during the day. It poured very early this morning so things were muddy and wet. But the sun did shine for most of the day and it was pleasant.
I've been working out regularly - I feel great. I walk a lot - even though I have my own vehicle. I can walk to many of the projects and I do. I probably walked 4-5 miles just today. Some days more, some days less - but 3 is probably the average per day.
I received and email today in response to one of my thank you notes to some nice people that say they "adopted" us from anysoldier.com. They are in their 70's and have been writing to airmen/soldiers from that website for 3 years. They said many of their "adoptions" have even stopped by their home after returning to the States! That's very nice - they are nice people and they write well. Very supportive.
Not much else new I can tell you. I'm posting some more pics on my picasaweb.
Enjoy the photos. Skype is a great thing. My Internet still sucks... :-)
Mark.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, everything all right over there? Just heard something about earthquakes in your part of the woods ... Stay safe / Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chief

    Just wanted to extend a thank you for your service and a special thanks for keeping us all up to date. Please pass along my appreciation to the rest of my fellow 94th CES family. Glad to know you were digging for keys and not storing your hands during the Generals visit! Keep safe and see you soon. BTW, all is well on the home front, ORI prep is an ongoing process and we are preparing to train off station in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mark, Glad to hear that your weather improved. We got snow last night. It is in the middle 30's so it melts quickly. This too shall pass.
    Have a good day. Love, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete