Monday, April 6, 2009

Started sad, ended GLAD!

Hi!
We started the day with yet another Fallen Comrade Ceremony. But the good news for all of you is I'm still here! :-) And very GLAD about that. I got to Skype with my Dad tonight! And he called me!!! :-) So I'm glad about that.
We finished the Born Again series in church on Sunday - that was really cool! God is good! Holy week this week! I'm fasting on WED - please pray for me then.
Rained again all day today (for the most part) but I think it's going to be nice tomorrow! The sunset tonight was beautiful - brilliant orange/red sky - I missed a lot of it (went out too late) and didn't get any pictures.
I'll be taking some tomorrow though - be sure to check the website soon.
Let's see - my Internet still sucks...
My wife sent me a wonderful card with a picture of the two of us more than 25 years ago... Good thing I've got my glasses! We were both so skinny then I could hardly see us! Also got some cards from folks I don't even know! I registered our team on AnySoldier.com and these people work pretty fast. It's nice to know there are good people out there supporting the troops! These were personal letters too - not a "canned" message. I made a promise to email or write all of them back at least once.
I still have to write a note to the little girl that sent me a box of girl scout cookies. I've been a little busy the past few days and haven't had a lot of time. Looks like I have plenty to do this Friday!
I'm fine - really. Don't worry about me. I sleep OK (for the most part) I'm healthy, I eat well and I have everything I need. I actually feel very blessed to be here working for the Lord. I'm happy most of the time - as usual - there are several here that would disagree with me, but that goes with the territory... :-)
Mark.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle Mark,
    I'm glad that you're doing well. The pictures of the mountains are really neat. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark I have to confess that I find myself checking the blog site several times a day just to see if you have added something new. It is a quick way for me to know that you are ok. I don't know if thats just me, but my guess is that a lot of us breath a bit easier just to have some words from you. Stealing you wife this weekend to go to Savannah...Can't wait.
    love janice

    ReplyDelete