Friday, April 10, 2009

It's (good) FRIDAY!

Did I ever tell you how much I like Friday's? Yes - even over here. AND - I like it better over here because I don't HAVE to work on Friday! I don't have too - but, since there really isn't much else to do - I do anyway... :-)

It's all good - just went to the office to check a few emails and schedule a few appointments for tomorrow. I cleaned up the place cause it gets filthy in a hurry with all the dust. I couldn't stay at work long - so I came back to the hooch to watch a few movies. Since we just finished the Borne Again Series in church, I thought it would be appropriate to watch the Jason Borne series - funny thing about me and movies, 1. I don't watch that many and 2. I don't remember them when I watch them anyway! If you would have asked me if I'd seen the Borne movies, I would probably answer yes - because I thought I had... But after watching the first one again, it seems me and Jason suffer from the same disease cause I can't remember it! :-)

Internet was out again for the last 24 hours. Bad thing is customer service doesn't exist here either so there is no hope for recovery of ANY of my $100 for the month - yeah - that irritates me. But - I'll pay what is necessary to stay in touch with my friends and family - because that's what's important to me - along with a few other things.

Getting packages on a regular basis this week. It's very nice. Our new commanders wife sent two big boxes with the Marietta Daily Journal (enough for everyone) and a pile of Easter candy! Apparently nobody told her I was on a diet. But the boxes were perfect timing and made the entire group smile - and - it made it feel more like Easter. Of course, as a Christian, I wouldn't miss this holiday. Going to watch the Passion tonight - starts @ 2000 so it will be late before I get back. And several letters and other packages came (I think I mentioned the one from the school children - very thoughtful).

OK - Happy Easter everyone! I miss you all - thanks for ALL the comments - I read ALL of them. I'm fine - really. Just staying busy to make the time go by faster - and it is. Staying busy also helps me stay focused and mission ready - which is vitally important here.

Mark

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, Have a nice Easter tomorrow. Will go to church in the morning and see what the day brings. Erica is spending the nite here with a friend.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you and the tradition you & mom have of watching The Passion. Glad you still get to see it over there. Happy Easter! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark..Want you to know we miss you a lot.You are in our prayers..keep healthy..these times will be something that you will remember all of your life..Take care and have a blessed and happy Easter..Dad/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, we will be off to church in a few minutes, Kim is taking us to St James. Already told Brown he has to go. Great weekend here in Savannah. Keep your spirits up and all will be as it is suppose to. Let me know if you find the Afgani fishing report website, I can not find it.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE are all going to church together this morning (David is even going. We only had to ask once )The only thing physically missing is you but I know that you are there with us in all of our hearts.
    We love you ..God bless you and your Airmen ...Happy Easter
    Love Janice

    ReplyDelete