Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boxes GALORE!

WOW! What a mail day!!! Again, I can't tell you how much of a morale boost it is to get stuff in the mail! And today is a HUGE boost for me! I'll start with the box my daughter sent - filled with all KINDS of good stuff including homemade cookies (my favorite - Chocolate Chip), assorted chips, a couple of cute cards including a unique BBG grill - uh, yeah... OK - and many more of my favorite things - Twizzlers (a huge bag), beef sticks (big ones), some pictures colored by my grandkids, a CD with videos (I'll watch later) - the most WONDERFUL picture book - and a very special note from Jeff that made me cry. A perfect box topped with a tube of toothpaste - which believe it or not is perfect timing - I would have been out in the next day or two. (and more) Thanks Heidi and Jeff.

Next there were THREE (count 'em) boxes from Nick and Nancy Godbey!!! Nick works at SITA with me - and a very nice guy married to a wonderful lady. One box had a huge book (The Chamber) and hometown paper form Easter Sunday (nice touch) and some sweet peach things that look really good. I'll let you know from someone that eats them because if I did, I'd be as big as a house (it's a huge bag). Another box filled with little stuffed animals! A great morale booster for many - and I'll take these to the hospital and share with our wounded warriors. I'm sure a couple will make it to the gator trucks (guys like to put these on their vehicles). The 3rd box had more beanie babies and a large OREO cookie package and some other cookies. Um Um good (for someone else! :-) And a very thoughtful letter... Thank you Nancy and Nick!

So there you have it - mail made my day! Well - it's been a good day all around. We had a Wing commanders call with Col Kwast today and let me tell you - he is a GREAT speaker. He is a model Airmen all the way through. The more I listen to him, the more I like him.

Mark

4 comments:

  1. yay! Glad you liked your package! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too, big brother! Just continue your great success over there, and before you know it you'll be on your way home! We appreciate what you and your Airmen are doing there, and hope the Afghans come to appreciate it too!
    Love from Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mark for all of your great, long and well thought out posts - they are FANTASTIC! You sound so happy and we are all praying that you'll stay that way - and stay safe as well. Have fun with all that great stuff you've received!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you big guy - went to the Renissance festival on a beautiful Sat 04/25 - they had a bird of prey show with an increditable Falcon - serious bird - reminded me of you Ckief - Thank you for keeping us safe.

    ReplyDelete